About Apis Mellifica
Keynotes: Stings, Puffy Raised Skin Symptoms, Common Hives, Stinging Pain, Pains with Burning Sensations, Urinary Irritation, Minor Joint Pain, Sore Throats
Description: Just as bee stings can trigger a variety of reactions, the bee remedy can relieve a range of responses whether a bee was involved or not. From mild swelling to red membranes, Apis helps the body calm many pain and irritation symptoms, including: common hives, insect bites and stings, red sore throats, eye irritation, puffy joints and minor urinary irritation. Redness, puffing up, hot stinging pains and sensitivity to touch are the keys to this remedy as your solution.
Modalities: Worse for touch, pressure and heat in any form; on the right side and after sleeping. Better for applied cold, cold bathing and open air.
Leading characteristics of Apis Mellifica (Indications)
- Ailments from jealousy, fright, rage, vexation, bad news, mental shock.
- Bad effects of acute exanthema (eruptions) imperfectly developed or suppressed; measles, scarlatina, urticaria. suppressed eruptions.
- Oedema (puffiness): Pitting on pressure; marked under the eyes; of hands and feet; dropsy without thirst.
- Pain: Burning, stinging, sore; suddenly migrating from one part to other.
- Diarrhoea: In eruptive diseases, especially if eruption be suppressed; of drunkards; involuntary from every mo-tion; with anus wide open (Phos.).
- Albuminuria (albumin in urine) after scarlatina when Canth. has failed.
- Meningitis with sudden shrill, piercing screams, rolling of head from side to side; opisthotonos (arching back-ward), or head drawn back, gnashing of teeth.
- Chemosis (swelling) of conjunctiva with sharp pains.
- Right-sided troubles: Right-sided ovarian cyst, hydrocele.
- Synovitis (inflammation of membrane containing joint fluids), with burning, sore, stinging pains; worse from warm applications.
- Sore throat with constrictive sensation.
- Intermittent fevers: Chill at 3 p.m.; chill with thirst; feels worse in a warm room.
- Menstrual troubles in women with burning, stinging pains and thirstlessness with great heat.
- Scirrhus or open cancer with enlarged, indurated glands with characteristic and constitutional symptoms of Apis .
- Especially suited to the following types of patients:
- who are warm-blooded; worse in warm and closed room
- children, girls and women, though generally careful, become awkward and let things fall, while handling them;
- irritable, nervous, fidgety persons hard to please;
- who have a weeping disposition; cannot help crying; discouraged and despondent;
- who are extremely sensitive to touch (Bell., Hep., Lach.);
- who are worse after sleeping, touch and pressure, heat of bed and at 3 p.m. and better from sitting erect, changing position, walking, uncovering and bathing;
- jealous persons; women, especially widows;
- persons who are apathetic, are absent-minded, cannot concentrate; are listless, fault-finding, joyless, suspicious or indolent;
- sad and melancholic;
- foolish persons.
Apis Mel compared with other homeopathy medicines
|Itching, relieved by scratching.||Itching, relieved by scratching.|
|Inclination for open air and washing with cold water.||Aversion to open air and washing with cold water.|
|Chill on the suffering parts.||Sweat on the diseased parts.|
|Better after sweating.||Worse during and after sweat.|
|Predominantly a Left sided remedy.||Predominantly a Right sided remedy.|
|Dryness of skin.||Perspires easily.|
|No thirst during sweat.||No thirst only during the chill.|
|Patient drinks often, but little at a time.||The patient does not drink, but much when he does.|
|Remission of complaints during the day.||Remission of complaints during the morning and evening.|
|Better in the open, from cold, washing with cold water.||Worse in the open, from cold, washing with cold water.|
Apis Mellifica medicinal benefits (uses)
|Inflammation||Treats Inflammatory infiltration, edematous swellings. Check Dr.Reckeweg R1 drops|
|Eczema||Indicated for erysipelatous (skin infection) circumscribed swelling, stabbing inflammation of serous coat, itching dermatosis. Check Reckeweg R23 drops|
|Eczema, urticaria, carbuncles with burning, stinging pains. Eczema with marked swelling. Check A11 Eczema Drops|
|Affections of the abdomen-right side||Specific action on burning pains in the abdomen (right side) as found in inflammation of the ovaries. Beneficent action on cysts by resorption. Check Reckeweg R38 drops|
|Pancreas||Stitching pain, oedema. Check Reckeweg R72 drops|
|Eye care||Stabbing pain, epidemic conjunctivitis. Reckeweg R78 Drops|
|Urticaria||Sudden puffing up of the whole body, swelling like bites of honey bee. Stinging and burning pains. Check Allen A56 Urticaria drops|
|Urinary Tract Infections||Urine Scanty high colored, in drops with thirstlessness, last drop burns. Glomerulonephritis (Kidney swelling). Nephrotic syndrome, with excessive edema and scanty urine output with sediments and albumin. Cystitis with scalding pain during urination. Check Allen A71 Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) Drops|
|Treats edema and infectious conditions of the joints. It also stimulates and detoxifies the tonsillar ring, connective tissues, intestines, serous membranes, bladder and kidneys to facilitate a systemic healing. Check Adel 22 drops|
|Menopause||A state of fear, anxiety, anguish of mind and body in menopausal women. Allen A72 menopause drops|
|Proteinuria||Dull pain in the kidneys, scanty urine and frequent micturition (urine). Albuminuria. Check Allen A86 drops|
|Creatinine and Blood Urea||A good remedy for kidney disorders with decreased urine output, promotes proper urination. lowers creatinine and blood urea levels. Check Allen A87 Creatinine & Blood Urea Drops|
|Ovarian Cysts||An important remedy for ovarian affections. Congestion in the right ovary causes soreness in the inguinal region with burning and stinging pain; swelling. If there is numbness down the thighs. Inflammation of the ovaries in childhood. Suppression of menses due to ovarian cysts or tumors. Check Allen A90 Ovarian Cysts Drops|
|Chronic Kidney Diseases||Burning in urine. Rash on skin. Puffiness and paleness of face. Pain in the head, back and limbs. Urine contains casts. Check Allen A92 Chronic Kidney Diseases Drops|
|Skin infections||Skin Boils. Suppressed exanthemata. Herpes zoster. Eczema, urticaria, carbuncles with burning, stinging pains. Urticaria with burning pains. Eczema with marked swelling. Check Derma Plus Ointment|
|It is indicated for sore, sensitive swelling, which is oedemous, puffed and painful. The skin generally has red rosy hue. Effusion is sometimes observable. Check Hepar Sulphuris Pentarkan|
Apis Mel Medicines list
|Apis Mellifica Mother Tincture Q||SBL|
|Apis Mellifica Dilution (available in 6C, 30C, 200C, 1M, 10M)||SBL|
|Apis Mellifica Pills||Apis Mellifica Homeopathy 2 Dram Pills|
|Apis Mellifica Ointment||Sbl Apis Mellifica Pomade|
|Apis Mellifica Homeopathy Specialities||Wheezal Utri Tex Tablets|
|Dr.Reckeweg R23 Eczema drops|
|Wheezal WL46 Eosinophilia Drops|
Apis Mel Side effects : When taken in the recommended dilute form, no side effects from Apis Mellifica. However, concentrated quantities of the bee venom can cause allergic reactions in susceptible people.