About Antimonium Tartaricum
Keynotes: pulmonary oedema, bronchopneumonia, asphyxia, chills, bronchitis, coughs, lung disorder, pneumonia, skin pustules
Description: A tartar of antimony and potash. As per material medica it closely resembles antimonium crudum and other antimonies in its action though the modalities differ. It is considered a favorite emetic in conditions of nausea. It affects the mucus membranes especially of the bronchials and lungs, a popular remedy in cough preparations
Modalities: Chest congestion leading to difficult breathing, rattling in chest and difficult expectoration, nausea and sensation of vomiting
Leading characteristics of Antimonium Tartaricum (Indications)
- Vertigo alternates with drowsiness.
- Broncho-pneumonia or respiratory diseases with flapping of nostrils.
- Ailments from bad effects of vaccination.
- Asphyxia neonatorum (imperfect breathing in the new-born).
- Foreign bodies in trachea or larynx.
- Jaundice with pneumonia.
- Resolution stage of pneumonia with rattling in chest
- Acute chest complaints of children with pale and sickly face, covered with cold sweat; the eyes are sunken; nostrils are dilated and flapping; rattling of phlegm in the chest; child is in a comatose condition.
- Catarrhal (mucus discharging) disease in broken-down old persons, having lack of reaction; worse in cold damp weather; white expectoration with dyspnoea, must sit up.
- Gouty complaints, worse in cold damp weather; gouty arthritis.
- Gonorrhoeal ophthalmia (inflammation of the eye).
- Rheumatic pains in the teeth with rheumatic pains in the joints.
- Gastric complaints with loathing of food, nausea and vomiting; inability to digest; with thirstlessness; desire for acids and sour fruits; aversion to milk.
- Bleeding ulcers in the stomach with other characteristic symptoms of the remedy.
- Dropsy of lower extremities with gastric or catarrhal symptoms.
- Chicken-pox, small-pox; pus-filled eruptions leaving a bluish red mark.
- Especially suited to the following types of patients:
- who have great sleepiness or irresistible inclination to sleep with nearly all complaints;
- children who want to be carried during their illnesses
- children who will not let you feel the pulse; cry and whine, if any one touches them; want to be left alone when sick; peevish
- who have hydrogenoid (moisture-affecting) constitution; are susceptible to damp cold weather
- who desire apples, fruits and acids generally
- infants and children allergic to milk, vomit it immediately
Antimonioum Tartaricum medicinal benefits (therapeutic range of action)
|Cough||Antimonium tartaricum is indicated for hoarseness, great rattling of mucous and asthmatic cough. Refer Allen Vasakof cough medicine below|
|It relieves pain in the chest and laryn due to cough. Refer Allen A66 drops|
|Antimonium Tart is indicated for cough followed by vomiting or sleep. Coughing and gasping consecutively. Cough triggered by eating with chest pain. Coarse rattling with wet sounding cough but scanty difficult expectoration. Refer A61 whooping cough drops|
|Antim Tart acts on hoarseness, turning sensation in chest, rattling of mucous with little expectoration, bronchial tubes overloaded wit mucus and emphysema of the aged (a long-term, progressive disease of the lungs that primarily causes shortness of breath due to over-inflation of the alveoli (air sacs in the lung). Refer Schwabe Alpha Coff syrup|
|Bronchitis||It treats great accumulation of mucous with coarse rattling , respiration is difficult. Refer A65 Bronchitiis drops. It should be remembered in bronchial catarrh of children and the aged.|
|Pneumonia||Antim Tart is a remedy for the inflammatory condition of the lung affecting the small air sacs (alveoli). It addresses productive or dry cough, chest pain, fever, and trouble breathing.|
|Nausea||Antim Tart produces irritation of the stomach and skin produces nerve reflexes; causes salivation and an increase in the gastric secretions|
|Skin||Therapeutic general action on the skin , it is a most important remedy in Variola (Variola viral skin infection commonly known as small pox) during the stage of pustulation, with deep red areola, which leaves cicatrices.|
Antimonium Tartaricum medicine list, Buy online at Homeomart
|Dilution (available in 6C, 30C, 200C, 1M, 10M)||SBL|
|Antim Tart Pills||Boiron Antimonium Tartaricum 30c, 200c Pillules|
|Homeopathy Antimonium Tartaricum 2 Dram Pills 30C, 200C|
|Antimonium Tartaricum Speciality Homeopathy Medicines||Hahnemann Pharma Kof Nil Cough Syrup|
|Schwabe Alpha Coff Syrup|
|Allen Vasakof Tonic – Cough Syrup|
|Bjain Omeo Cough Medicated Syrup|
|Allen A66 Lung Infections Drops|
|Allen A62 Wet Cough Drops|
|St.George Cof Mix|
Herring said that this medicine is the invention of alchemists, it has been used as a poison. It should be given uder guidance of a homeopath. It is not safe to use Antimonium tartaricum without doctor’s consent for pregnant, breast feeding or for child below 10 years