About Lycopodium Clavatum homeopathy medicine
Common Name of source: also known as Club Moss, the medicine is inactive or inert until the spores are crushed. The herb has been used since historical times and is popular in American, Indian and European cultures. Its medicinal properties has been used to treat digestive tract problems, urinary tract problems, diarrhea , relieving headaches and skin ailments, and inducing labor in pregnancy.
The Leading Characteristics of the Lycopodium Clavatum
- Ailments: affecting right side or extending from right to left side; worse from 4 to 8 p.m.; better from warm food and drinks; from uncovering the head; must loosen the garments; deep-seated, progressive, chronic diseases; with canine hunger; headache, if he does not eat.
- Ailments from fright, anger, mortification, vexation, with reserved displeasure.
- Impotency in young men from onanism (unnatural sex) or sexual excesses.
- Bad effects of onions, bread, wine, spirituous liquors, tobacco smoking and chewing.
- Diphtheria: Right-sided; goes from right to left; descends from nose to right tonsil; worse after sleep and from cold drinks.
- Catarrh: Dry nasal; nose stopped at night, must breathe through the mouth; snuffles (nasal discharge); child starts from sleep rubbing his nose; catarrh of root of nose and frontal sinuses; with formation of crusts and elastic plugs.
- Malarial fever: With sour vomiting between chill and heat. 8. Acid Dyspepsia with sour eructation’s, heartburn, water brash and sour vomiting.
- Flatulence: Excessive; fullness not relieved by belching; a few mouthfuls fill up to the throat, and he feels bloated; distension, especially in lower abdomen.
- Renal colic right-sided; with flatulence and constipation; pain in back relieved by urination; red sand in urine; in irritable, fearful people who desire company.
- Pneumonia with fan-like motion of alae nasi (flaps of the nose); twitching of forehead, affecting base of right lung and difficult expectoration; neglected or maltreated.
- Hernia right-sided, especially in children.
Lycopodium Clavatum is especially suited for
(a) infants – baby cries all the day, sleeps all night; constipated; red sand on child’s diaper; child cries before urinating;
(b) children – weak, emaciated; with well-developed head but puny sickly bodies; waking at night feeling hungry; irritable; peevish and cross on waking; ugly, kicking and screaming; easily angered; cannot endure opposition or contradiction; seek disputes; are beside themselves;
(c) women – weep all the day, cannot calm themselves; very sensitive; even cry when thanked; constipation since puberty; since last confinement; dryness of vagina; burning during and after coition; physometra (air in uterine cavity); fetus appears to be turning somersaults;
(d) men – dread of other men, of solitude; fear of being alone; irritable and melancholic; avaricious, greedy, miserly, malicious, pusillanimous (easily Tightened) Complexion pale, dirty, unhealthy, sallow, with deep furrows, looks older than he is; impotency of young men, from sexual excess; penis small, cold, relaxed; old men with strong desire but imperfect erections; falls asleep during an embrace; premature emissions;
(e) extremes of life, children and old people; predisposed to lung and liver affections.
The Lycopodium type: Patient profile
Tall and sallow (skin may appear yellow or brown in tone since it has lost its natural complexion) skinned, Lycopodium types have a distinguished, almost haughty appearance. Their upper body is lean with poorly developed muscles. causing tremors after physical exertion. They usually have marked vertical frown lines above the nose and may be prematurely grey or bald. The facial muscles twitch and the nostrils tend to flare.
Weak areas of the body
- Right side of the body
- Digestive organs, particularly the bowel.
- Kidneys and bladder
- Prostate gland
|For cool, fresh air||For tight clothing|
|For being active||For fasting or overeating|
|For hot foods and drinks||In stuffy rooms|
|For loosening the clothes||On the right side|
|At night||Between 4 am and 8 am and 4 pm and 8 pm|
The lycopodium child is
- Thin with sallow skin (skin may appear yellow or brown in tone since it has lost its natural complexion)
- Abdomen is slightly distended.
- Prefers reading and quiet pursuits rather than being outdoors.
- Bossy and irritable at home if allowed to be, yet well behaved and conscientious at school
Lycopodium medicinal uses, benefits, side effects
|Mental tiredness||is a old and well tried remedy. You can find several persons poisoned with their own metabolic rest loading and so they seem to be pale anxies in the mood, angry and irritated persons, weak in the body and with bad smelling around. Check adel 19 drops|
|Gallbladder & liver||helps removing metabolic waste products and stimulates the excretion of excess cholesterol. Without proper excretion of waste products, patients can develop symptoms that include a strong desire to consume excessive amounts of sweets. This craving, often accompanied by mood swings, irritability and depression, points to psychosomatic processes in which the body attempts to compensate by feeding the intestines sugar. Check Adel 3 drops|
|Meteorism and flatulence, bitter taste in mouth, bad humour, constipation. Check Reckeweg R7 drops|
|Effective for the liver, support of the detoxication function. Aperitive (appetite stimulant). Check Reckeweg R48 drops|
|Increases the activity to the liver, stimulates the appetite, facilitates the detoxicating function of the liver. Check Reckeweg R57 drops|
|Gastric Ailments||Gastro-intestinal disturbances, bitter taste in mouth, lack of appetite, constipation, flatulent colic. Check Reckeweg R5 drops|
|Flatulent in the evening. Check Reckeweg R37 drops|
|For abdominal distention after light meals, sense of fermentation, liver trouble, passing of wind provides relief. Check Bhargava Gas Off Tablet|
|Food tastes sour. Excessive hunger, but eating ever so little creates fullness. Wakes at night feeling hungry. Incomplete burning eructations rise only to pharynx. Sour eructations due to farinaceous or ferment able food, cabbage, beans, oyster. Abdomen bloated. Check Allen A15 drops|
|Piles||Meteorism, flatulence, dry stool with incomplete defecation. Hematogenic hemorrhoids with prolapse and anal spasm. General hypochondria and dyspepsia, constipation, abdominal plethora. Check Reckeweg R13 drops|
|Appetite||Tonic and functional remedy of the liver in case of swellings (pain in left side), lack of appetite (quick satiety); reddish deposit in urine. Check Reckeweg R31 drops|
|Affections of the abdomen||Specific action in convulsive pains located around the descending colon sigmoid (S-romanum), arousing fears of cancer that are often all too well-grounded. Check Reckeweg R39 Drops|
|Colic pain||Meteoritic tenseness, lack of digestive power, often with functional disturbance of liver. Child weeps all day. Excessive accumulation of flatulence; abdomen is bloated, full with rolling of flatulence. Appetite good, eats more than the average, but does not put on weight. Check Colikind globules|
|Renal calculi||Useful in renal calculi and gravel, shooting, pinching and incisive pains in the bladder and urethra, before urinating, ceases after flow, urine slow in coming, must strain. It covers metabolic disturbances in such cases. Check berberis pentarkan tablets|
|In calculi with pain shooting across lower abdomen from right to left. Red sand in urine. Check Allen A37 Drops|
|Impotency||Presenility, functional power weakening. Regulates glandular secretions. Check Bakson Super Tonic|
|erections imperfect or absent in old men, young men who become impotent after masturbation. Check SBL Damiagra Drops|
|Remedy for impotence, premature emission, and no erectile power. Check Vigoraj 10000 Drops|
|TPenile is small, cold and relaxed, and the person falls asleep during coitus. There is loss of sexual desire especially after diabetes, gonorrhoea or recurrent urinary tract infection. Discharge of prostatic fluid without erection, premature ejaculation. Check Wheezal Stimulant H Drops|
|Hair fall, premature greying||shows remarkable hair regrowth in cases of alopecia or baldness and acts effectively with baldness on the sides and on top of the scalp. It is covered extensively in homeopathic pharmacopoeia and is prescribed successfully by Homeopathic practitioners for baldness that is premature or in women after childbirth. Lycopodium is derived from a fungus (club moss). The curative powers of this fungus are derived after potentisation and offered as a deep acting homeopathic remedy for hair fall, premature baldness and premature greying of hair (white hair at young age). Check Sbl drop no 1|
|Diarrhea||Diarrhoea with ineffectual urging. Diarrhea with pain shooting across lower abdomen from right to left. Flatulence much noisy. Diarrhea after ferment able food – Cabbage, beans and oysters. Check Allen A09 drops|
|After a light meal, abdomen is bloated, full, Diarrhoea, ineffectual urging stool hard. Check Dr.Bakshi B70 Drops|
|Lung disorders||Tickling cough, tensive, constrictive, burning pain in chest, cough worse going down hill. Check Dr.Bakshi B58 Drops|
|Memory||Weakness of memory. Suitable for old people. Check Allen A41 drops|
|Very effective with irregularities in the development of children. Check Reckeweg R54 drops|