About Bryonia Alba Homeopathy Medicine
Common Name of Source: Root of White Bryony, Black-berried Bryony, Wild Hops
Keynotes: Migraines, Headaches, Hangovers, Achy Colds/Flu, Minor Joint & Back Pain, Worse for Motion
Description: If movement, light, noise and even company are unwelcome when ill or in pain, Bryonia may be the perfect companion. Symptoms tend to grow slowly and bring on irritability whether involving: bursting headaches, migraines and hangovers; body-aching colds, flu, and lingering, painful, dry hacking coughs; minor swollen, red, hot, sprained or arthritic joints, plus stiff necks, minor whiplash, and low back pains.
Modalities: Worse for touch, pressure and heat in any form; on the right side and after sleeping. Better for applied cold, cold bathing and open air.
Leading characteristics of Bryonia Alba
- Ailments from: Chagrin, anger, mortification, fright, chilling when overheated; exposure to cold; when warm weather sets in after cold days; cold drinks or ice in hot weather; suppressed discharges; menses; rash of acute exanthema (eruption), after eating beans, peas, cabbage, bread, flatulent food, fruits.
- Complaints are worse from slightest motion, exertion, jar, swallowing, coughing, sneezing, ascending, motion of ship, lying on painless side, rising from lying, stooping, motion of eyes.
- Complaints are better from lying on painful side, when quiet, during rest, pressure, dark room, cool open air, cold water, cold food.
- Ailments are attended with dryness of mucous membranes with thirst for large quantities of water; constant motion of left arm and left leg; pressure as from stone at pit of stomach, relieved (through another outlet) by eructation; delirium, talks constantly about his business; desires to get out of bed and go home; vicarious menstruation: nose-bleed when menses should appear; vertigo on stooping; throbbing in head; tongue coated thick, whitish-yellow; nausea and vomiting; urine dark and scanty; high fever with profuse sweat which ameliorates.
- Acute meningitis from suppressed rash of exanthematous (eruptive) fevers with constant chewing motion of mouth; face congested, puffy; temperature high, copious sweats; dry lips, thirst for large quantities of water; quiet; uncovers the body.
- Delirium in acute infectious fevers, talks constantly about his business; desires to get out of bed and go home; constant motion of left arm and leg.
- Headache: Usually occurs after waking from bed; and lingers all morning, gradually increasing until evening; with constipation, on coughing, when stooping as if brain would burst through forehead.
- Pains: Stitching, tearing; worse by motion, inspiration, coughing, at night; better from absolute rest and lying on painful side.
- Acute Pleurisy: When the fever has somewhat abated; pains are stitching or tearing, worse from coughing, movement, sneezing, even breathing is painful. It comes in after Aconite. Friction-rub present.
- Acute inflammation of mammae (breasts) —hot and painful, heavy, stonishly hard; must support the breasts; pain worse from slightest motion.
- Cough: Dry, spasmodic; with sense of obstruction (gagging) and vomiting; with stitches inside of chest; with headache, worse after eating, drinking, entering a warm room, a deep inspiration.
- Constipation : No inclination from inactive rectum; stools large, hard, dark, dry, as if burnt; on going to sea.
- Diarrhoea : During a spell of hot weather; bilious, acrid with soreness of anus; like dirty water; of undigested food; from cold drinks when overheated; from fruits, worse in morning or moving even a hand or foot.
- Diabetes: Dryness of lips and mouth, thirst for large quantities of water, persistent bitter taste in mouth; from warmth and exertion; beans, peas, cabbage, bread, fruits and flatulent (gas forming) food disagree.
- Acute Hepatitis (Inflammation of liver): Liver is congested, inflamed and enlarged; stitching pains in the right hypochondrium (sides of upper abdomen), worse from motion or changing position; better from lying on the right or painful side; jaundice brought on by a fit of anger.
- Acute Pericarditis (Inflammation of membrane covering heart): Of rheumatic origin, stitching pains worse from movement; better from lying on painful side; friction-rub is present.
- Pneumonia: It comes after Acon. and Ferr-p. The patient is not restless; cough is moist, sharp stitching pleuritic pains, worse from coughing and any movement; tongue dry and coated, thirst excessive; with delirium or constipation.
- Acute Rheumatism: Joints red, hot and swollen; painful on slightest motion; touch and pressure aggravate; pains stitching or tearing in character, copious exudation in joints, with perspiration which relieves suffering.
- Typhoid fever: Develops sluggishly; with headache, dry mouth, tongue coated, thirst for large quantities of water; lies quietly, with delirium, constipation, soreness of body; likes cool open air; worse in warm and closed room.
- Tuberculosis: Dry teasing cough as if the head and chest would burst; sharp stitching pains in the sides; inability to take a deep breath on account of aggravation of pains.
Bryonia Alba Patient profile
Especially adapted to the following types of patients:
(a) children who dislike to be carried or to be raised; fretful;
(b) children who desire things immediately which are not to be had, or which when offered are refused; peevish;
(c) patients who are irritable, inclined to be vehement and angry; nervous;
(d) who have black hair, dark complexion, firm muscular fibres; dry, slender people;
(e) who are worse from slightest motion and better from rest; although restless, wants to keep quiet and still;
(f) who are anxious, angered easily and are obstinate;
(g) who are warm-blooded: worse from warmth, summer; better from cool open air, cold water, cold food;
(h) who are plethoric and venous (full-blooded) in their make-up; face is puffed and purplish;
(i) who are of a sluggish nature; complaints develop slowly;
(j) who are fearful: fear of death, fear of poverty.
Bryonia Alba medicinal uses, benefits, indications
|Cough, Cold, Bronchitis||Effectively relieves bronchial infections coupled with stabbing chest pains and a dry, hard cough caused by a lack of secretion. It also is an effective substance for resolving fevers that accompany the flu, bronchitis, mumps and Scarlet fever. Check Adel 7 drops||Harsh and dry cough with pain in the chest. Check R8 Cough Syrup & R9 Cough drops|
|Influenza||Catarrhal fever, headaches, piercing pains, inflammation of the serous tissues. Check Reckeweg R6 Drops|
|Teething Aches||Inflammation of serous skins. Check Reckeweg R35 drops|
|Intestinal Colic||Constipation; dark stools. Check Reckeweg R37 drops||Food lies like stone in the abdomen. Stools hard, constipated. Desire to lie quietly. Check Allen A17 drops|
|Affections of the abdomen||Lessens inflammation of the appendix. Check Reckeweg R38 drops|
|Asthma||Irritation in dry cough, difficult expectoration, Exertions to inhale fresh air; stifling. Check Reckeweg R43 drops|
|Joint-Pain||Swollen, stiff joints, worse on movement. Check Reckeweg R73 drops|
|Eosinophilia||Eosinophilia with fevers and respiratory symptoms. Check Allen A85 drops|
|Anxiety||Anxiety about business matters. Check Allen A78 drops|