The Eye represents one of the most sensitive organ in the human body, and vision health which enhances the quality of life is fragile, sensitive to and dependent on vascular, neurological and nutritional health. Our list of Homeopathic Cataract Solutions is a comprehensive reference for maintaining and restoring the health of the crystalline lens and it covers some well known and effective eye drops and other therapies that can help prevent and reverse the development of cataracts. It serves as a good reference for patients looking up potential remedies, eye drop reviews and a handy resource for those cataract sufferers who are looking for an alternative treatment and want to avoid eye surgery.
Importance of Cataract & Eye Health: The crystalline lens is simply the visible top of the body’s health (or degeneration) iceberg and has a dense structure because of the organic sulfur content, its importance is underscored by the fact that it can save our live like a canary in a coalmine. This crystalline lens is the densest protein in the body and is sequestered the farthest from the circulatory source of nutrition and detoxification. It stores any toxic load of mercury such as from dental amalgams longer than any other body tissue. It’s clarity is one of the most important predictors of longevity. The average person suffering cataract formation or dim vision only lives 5 years after cataract surgery, the most common procedure in Medicare.
Cataract Causes: Cataract forms in a myriad of different patterns due to many different causes, and oxidation of cell membrane lipids plays a fundamental role in cataractogenesis. Because free radical pathology that affects most age related and degenerative process causes cataracts too. That apart Cataract can be found in birth due to toxic conditions in the prenatal environment, it can be caused due to trauma. Posterior subcapsular cataracts can advance rapidly in middle age and are related to digestion and immune function. Poor regulation of sugar metabolism causes many cataracts as does impaired liver function. Most cataracts change slowly over time eventually disturbing vision so much so that surgery is needed to remove the entire lens from the eye
Homeopathy Remedy List for Cataract
Calcarea fluor. 200 (hs) Repeat after a week: One dose may be given weekly on days when Causticum is not administered.
Causticum 1000 (hs) Repeat after a month: Use in the beginning of the disease and give one dose a month.
Cineraria mart. 3x (tds): It is widely used as eye drops in cataract any corneal opacities (clouding or blurring), and is reputed for its curative effect. 2 to 3 drops in each eye, thrice daily. I should be continued with the above treatment. Has to be used for 3 to 6 months.
Colchicum autum. (tds): Soft cataract. Pupils unequal. Pupil of the left eye contracted. Dim vision after reading.
Ledum pal. (tds): Cataract accompanied by gout.
Naphthalinum 3x (tds): Soft or other cataract with opacity of cornea.
Phosphorus (od) : If the above two remedies fail to cure within three months and when there are black spot before the eyes, use this remedy. Great burning of the eyes.
Secale cor. (tds): Incipient cataract. Cataract of old people, specially women.
Silicea 12x (tds): Cataract of office workers. After-effects of injuries and ulcers of the cornea.
Sulphur 200 (hs) Repeat after 15 days Surgery: Surgical treatment of cataract can be done at any stage of the disease. It is generally successful at the hands of a competent and reputed eye surgeon.
Zincum sulph. 1000 (hs): Not repeated frequently will clear up the opacities of the cornea.
Why Cineraria for Cataract?
- Cineraria Maritima has been widely used in homeopathy medicines especially as Eye drops because it has been clinically proven to have the potential to significantly improve the condition of cataract at early stage. It has the potential to arrest further degeneration in later stages of cataract and the extent of improvement vary from individual to individual. People visiting ophthalmologist’s office for an exam and visual field test have confirmed in product reviews that the tests after Cineraria treatment reveal “not progressing, in fact, are better”.
- Pharmacologically meets the high quality demands from an eye remedy namely effectiveness and physiological compatibility
- It provides for nutrition of the cornea, lens and vitreous body thus arresting the degenerative process in the eye that leads to myopia, poor vision
- It promotes better osmotic process of those ocular components which are not directly supplied by the blood vessel
- Cineraria helps in circulation (including the outer region of eye) and supports general metabolic process that promotes normal vision. All these is useful for people suffering from age related deficiencies. In fact old age people with Cataracts have reported significant improvement so much so that they are able to perform functions like car driving which they could not do earlier
- Pet owners especially dog lovers have been regularly using Cineraria Maritima eye drops and have reported cases (through product reviews) where Canines with completely cloudy eyes (90% Cataract blockage leading to dim vision) have shown great improvement (only white speckles left ) in a few months
Top Homeopathy Eye Drops & Oral medicines for Cataract
|Product Name||Description with Size, Price|
|Schwabe Cineraria Maritima Eye Drops||Original German formula to treat Cataract & Corneal opacities. Trusted for more than 100 years and widely used by physicians worldwide with good reviews from customers . Contains Succus (juice of a Cineraria plant, for medicinal use).|
|Dr.Reckeweg Cineraria Eye drops without Alcohol||India’s best selling cineraria that treats Cataract, conjunctivitis, corneal opacity, blephartis etc without any irritation. Contains Senecio Bicolor (Cineraria Maritima) D2 2.5 gms, Benzalkonium Chloratum 0.001g and excipients. Product well reviewed for irritation free treatment.|
|Adel 18 Glautaract drops for Cataract, Glaucoma and poor vision||German Homeopathic formula from Pekana that addresses metabolic processes connected with deteriorating eye conditions. It contains Aurum chloratum that treats degenerative eye conditions (blocked aqueous humor), Euphrasia stimulates excretion process & lymphatic conditions, Glonoinum addresses Glaucoma, Ruta graveolens stimulates circulation and treats vision weakness.|
|HC68 Calcarea Flour Complex tablets||Its composition of Causticum 3x, Cal Flour 3x and Natrum N3x, Sulphur 3x and Silicea 3x targets immature cataract and spot on the cornea. Haslabs complex Tablets (HC68) are made from original homeopathic triaturations and back potencies.|
|SBL Cineraria maritima 10% Eye drops||Indicated for first sign of cataract, early cataract in patients suffering from Diabetes, clouding of vision (blurred eye sight). Contains CinerariaMaritima Q 10% w/w, Glycerinum 2 % w/w, MRP Rs.110, Size: 10ml|
|Bakson Cineraria Maritima Eye Drops||Indicated for symptoms of incipient cataract especially blurring of vision , Myopia and other eye affections like corneal opacities. MRP Rs.110, Size: 10ml|
Nutritional support for Prevention & Reversal of Cataract – Tips
Counseling and proper guidance in the selection of appropriate dietary and nutritional supplement support coupled with lifestyle changes is important in arresting declining health and reverse the ill effects of cataract. Remember surgery does nothing to remove the causes of cataract, which are primarily states of toxicity and nutritional deficiency that continue to affect the rest of the body after a cataract is removed. The following are the things you need to know about nutrition in the prevention and reversal of cataractogenesis.
- Most of the nutritional components of cataract prevention and reversal can be correlated to boosting antioxidant defenses. Taking a good optimum potency of Multi Vitamin/ minerals supplements is a important foundation for cataract prevention as confirmed by medical & epidemiological literature. This is applicable to animal (veterinary) cataract also.
- A recent study using 26 Vitamins & minerals reduced the risk of nuclear cataract by 36 to 44%. Therefore it is advised that a nutritional program should be maintained for atleast 3-4 months before considering cataract surgery.
- As we get older our ability to absorb and utilize nutrients decreases. This factor has to be corrected with remedies like homeopathy, friendly bacterial flora, digestive enzymes etc to stimulate nutrient utilization.
- Low level of beta-carotene increases the risk of cataract 7 fold. A dosage range from 10000 to 25000 IU daily of beta- carotene is recommended. Sources are carrots, green leafy vegetables, salmon etc
- Doctors recommend upto 150mg of balanced B-Complex, B1 (Thiamine & Cocarboxylase). Supplement Thiamine upto 50 mg/day in a B-Complex is recommended. B2 Riboflavin recycles the antioxidant glutathione and its deficiency is linked to cataract formation in malnourished population. B3 (Niacinamide) supplement is suggested at the level of 500mg/day.
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)is also important for slowing the ageing of lens especially in diabetics as it inhibits non enzymatic glycosylation of lens proteins. Dosage suggested at 100mg 3 times a day
- Low Vitamin C levels increase the risk of cataract by 11 times since it is specifically concentrated in the production of aqueous humor (fluid that feeds the lens) reaching 30-50 times the level found in blood. Catarcts form when there is either very low or non existent Vitamin C in the lens and low in the aqueous humour. Vitamin C supplementing more than 800mg/day show reduced risk of developing cataract.
- Vitamin E deficiency increases the risk of cataract by 3 fold, it can also cause cataract in animals. Vitamin E deficiency can cause reversible cataracts in Diabetics too. It plays an important role by preventing non enzymatic glycosylation of lens proteins, this slowing the ageing of lens. It is also associated with maintaining better visual acuity both with and without glasses.
- Other Supplements suggested: Pycnogenol, Rutin (250 mg/day), Vitamin D (1000 IU/day)