The 5 top homeopathic medicines below can help you fight the dengue fever both as a preventive measure or in the unfortunate case of infection. These have powerful immune boosting properties and prophylactic action to stop body’s cells from being infected by the dengue virus. By activating the macrophages (WBC) and modulating TNF (tumour necrosis factor-alpha) levels in the body, they play an important role in decreasing the body’s viral in both adults and children without any side effects. Buy Dengue medicines online at homeomart – India’s No.1 online homeopathy medicine store.
You can also conveniently order online by Mail, Phone or Whatsapp (#9686858499). Before we go to the top dengue fighting medicines in the market, let us examine the disease in brief.
What is Dengue?
Dengue is a virus borne fever that is caused by 4 different types of dengue viruses. However a person can be contaminated only once by the same type and its severity is particularly on children. The fever is a severe flu-like illness characterized by high fever, severe body ache and intense headache. It is also known as ‘break bone fever’ because of its characteristic symptoms i.e, severe body ache and joint pains
A small black mosquito bearing white stripes, called the Aedes Aegypti mosquito is the primary carrier and transmitter of this virus. This Dengue causing mosquito is active during the day. It populates during rainy season and the period following it (July to October in India). Its typical hideouts are water-filled stagnant flower pots, disused Tyre’s, and water storage containers.
Dengue appears in two forms: Classical Dengue Fever and Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever. The patient develops the disease ranging from 3 days to 2 weeks (usually 4-7 days) of being infected by the dengue bearing mosquito and the entire duration of classical dengue fever could last about 5-7 days before the patient recovers. Children are more susceptible to dengue fever.
Dengue & Chikungunya – Know the difference
- Both viral infections are spread by Aedes mosquito but caused by different viruses. Chikungunya is caused by a Togaviridae alphavirus, while dengue by a Flavirideae flavivirus
- Both carry similar symptoms like high fever, joint pain, headache/eye ache, rashes and lethargy. A person can be infected with both diseases at the same time
- Chikungunya is rarely fatal, but dengue can be and both do not have any known vaccine yet.
Signs and symptoms of dengue fever
1. Mild dengue fever
This form of the disease hardly ever results in serious or fatal complications. The symptoms of mild dengue fever are
- Aching muscles and joints.
- Body rashes that can disappear and then reappear.
- High fever.
- Intense headache.
- Pain behind the eyes.
- Vomiting and feeling nauseous.
2. Dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF)
Symptoms during onset may be mild, but gradually worsen after a number of days. DHF can result in death if not treated in time. Mild dengue fever symptoms may occur in DHF, as well as the ones listed below
- Bleeding from your mouth/gums.
- Nose bleeds
- Clammy skin.
- Considerably damaged lymph and blood vessels.
- Internal bleeding, which can result in black vomit and feces (stools).
- Lower number of platelets in blood-these are the cells that help clot your blood.
- Sensitive stomach.
- Small blood spots under your skin.
- Weak pulse.
3. Dengue shock syndrome
This is the worst form of dengue which can also result in death, again mild dengue fever symptoms may appear, but others likely to appear are
- Intense stomach pain.
- Sudden hypotension (fast drop in blood pressure).
- Heavy bleeding.
- Regular vomiting.
- Blood vessels leaking fluid.
How is dengue fever diagnosed?
The signs and symptoms of dengue fever are similar to some other diseases, such as typhoid fever or malaria, which can sometimes complicate the chances of a prompt and accurate diagnosis.
In order for a doctor to properly diagnose dengue fever they will
- Assess the symptoms– The doctor will take into account all your symptoms to properly diagnosis whether you have dengue. Some tests may be ordered to determine whether it is a dengue infection, or some other.
- Blood sample– This sample can be tested in a laboratory in a number of ways to find signs of the dengue virus. If the dengue virus is detected diagnosis is straightforward; if this fails there are other blood tests which can identify antibodies, antigens and nucleic acids, including:
- Platelet count (Haeamograme)
- Elisa (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay)
- Hi assay (hemagglutination inhibition assay)
- RT-PCR (reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction)
- Assess your medical history– The doctor will need to know your travel history, especially if it involves mosquito exposure.
How to prevent Dengue?
There are currently no vaccines for dengue fever. The best way to prevent the disease is to avoid being bitten by mosquito’s’ altogether. Although there is no certain treatment for dengue, it can be treated as long as it is caught before developing into dengue shock syndrome or dengue hemorrhagic fever.
The best method of prevention is to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes. If you live or travel to an area where dengue exists, there a number of ways to avoid being bitten:
- Clothing – your chances of being bitten are significantly reduced if you expose as little skin as possible. When in an area with mosquitoes, be sure to wear long trousers/pants, long sleeved shirts and socks.
- Mosquito repellents – use mosquito repellents to avoid mosquito bites.
- Use mosquito traps and nets.
- Smell – Avoid wearing heavily scented soaps and perfumes.
- Windows – Use structural barriers, such as window screens or netting.
- Certain times of day – Try to avoid being outside at dawn, dusk and early evening.
- Stagnant water – The Aedes mosquito prefers to breed in clean, stagnant water. It is important to frequently check and remove stagnant water in your home/premises
- Turn pails (buckets) and watering cans over: store them under shelter so water cannot accumulate in them.
- Remove the water from plant pot plates. To remove mosquito eggs, clean and scrub them thoroughly. Ideally, do not use plant pot plates.
- Make sure scupper drains are not blocked – do not place potted plants and other objects over the scupper drains.
- Gully traps that are rarely used should be covered – replace gully traps with non-perforated ones, and install anti-mosquito valves.
- Flower vases – Change the water every other day. When you do so, scrub the inside of the vase thoroughly and rinse it out.
Treatment options for dengue fever
Because dengue is a virus there is no specific treatment or cure, however there are things the patient or the doctor can do to help, depending on the severity of the disease.
For milder forms of dengue the treatment methods are
Prevent dehydration – high fever and vomiting can dehydrate the body. Make sure you drink clean (ideally bottled) water rather than tap water. Rehydration salts can also help replace fluids and minerals.
Painkillers – this can help lower fever and ease pain. As some NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), such as aspirin or ibuprofen can increase the risk of internal bleeding, patients are advised to use Tylenol (paracetamol) instead.
The following treatment options are designed for the more severe forms of dengue fever
- Intravenous fluid supplementation (IV drip) – in some harsher cases of dengue the patient is unable to take fluid orally (via the mouth) and will need to receive an IV drip.
- Blood transfusion- A blood transfusion may be recommended for patients with severe dehydration.
- Hospital care- It is important that you be treated by medical professionals, this way you can be properly monitored (e.g. fluid levels, blood pressure) in case your symptoms worsen. If the patient is cared for by physicians and nurses experienced with the effects and complications of hemorrhagic fever, lives can be saved.
Top 5 Homeopathy medicines for dengue treatment
The following are the commonly used homeopathic medicines (in Mother Tincture or Dilutions form) for Dengue fever. However, it is advised that a qualified homeopathic doctor should be consulted for proper treatment and care.
- Aconitum napellus 30 – Usually taken during early stage of fever with symptom like; high fever (redness of face), severe headache, acute anxiety and restlessness, cold sweat, thirst for water at frequent intervals.
- Bryonia alba 30 – for severity of symptoms like ; intense headache at the temples, head bursting sensation, eye pain, dry mouth with tongue coated white in the middle, Pain in joints, which gets worse during movement. Joints could be hot and swollen and feel better by applying pressure
- Eupatorium perfoliatum 30: – Chills preceded by intense thirst, severe soreness and aching in bones, nausea and vomiting, Sweating provides relief except headache.The muscles may occassionally feel as if torn from the bone.
- Rhus Toxicodendron 30 :- Sensation of soreness and bruise in whole body, Severe aching of limbs and bones which is worse during rest and better while moving around, Chilliness with sensation as if cold water is poured, Extreme restlessness with continuous change of position. Whole body painful accompanied by puffiness of joints
- Echnacea angustofolia 1x Tablets: – It is known to cause stimulation of immune system and the active ingredients are documented to possess anti-inflammatory, anti-viral activity. Dosage 1-2 tablets twice daily.
Other remedies to consider are Lachesis, Hamamelis, Ipecac, Ferrum Metallicum, Crotalus Horridus, and Secale when bleeding is present. Baptisia and China Officianalis may help when recovery is slow and accompanied by great weakness
Top 5 Specialty Homeopathic products for Dengue
|About||Ague Nil is a powerful immune booster that may helps increase the WBC and platelet count.It may also be used as a prophylactic to prevent the body’s cells from being infected by the dengue virus.|
|Ingredients & Mode of action||• Tinospora cordifolia (giloy)- strong immune stimulant, increases white blood cells (WBC) And platelet count. • Rhus toxicodendron-treats skin rashes, fever and pain with intense heat, thirst and restlessness. • Carica papaya (papaya)-high in complex a vitamin that rapidly increases blood platelet production. • Eupatorium perfoliatum- treat joint pain, fever headache, soreness of eyeballs, backache with nausea and vomiting. • Ocimum sanctum (tulsi) – It has analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory effects in acute and chronic fever. • Gelsemium sempervirens-treats fever, with muscular soreness, prostration and violent headache. • Azadirachta indica (neem)-increases the immune power against inflammation and infection. • Belladoona-treats steaming and burning fever, red skin, flushed face, burning eyes.|
|Ingredients||Carica papaya (papaya), Tinospora cordifolia (giloy), Rhus toxicodendron, Eupatorium perfoliatum, Ocimum sanctum (tulsi), Azadirachta indica (neem), Gelsemium sempervirens|
|Dosage||For prevention: For adult- 1 tablespoonful two times a day, for a week. For children- 1 teaspoonful two times a day, for a week.For management: 1 tablespoonful 3 to 4 times a day or as directed by the physician.|
|Size, Price||200ml, MRP Rs.149/- Buy Online|
|About||Homeopathic immunomodulator for compromised immune system or lowered immunity in people|
|Mode of action||Activates the macrophages (WBC) and modulates TNF (tumour necrosis factor-alpha) levels in the body thereby decreasing the body’s viral load|
|Ingredients||Aconitum Napellus Dh20, Arsenicum Album Dh18, Asafoetida Dh20, Calcarea Carbonica Dh16, Conium Maculatum Dh17, Ipecacuanha Dh13, Phosporus Dh20, Rhus Toxicodendron Dh17, Silicea Dh20, Sulphur Dh24, Thuja Occidentalis Dh19|
|Benefits||Increases platelet count, appetite, CD4 and CD8 cells|
|Safe, can be taken with any other medication, including Anti Retroviral Therapy (ARV).|
|Dosage||10 drops sublingually (under the tongue) 3 times per day, 30 minutes before meals.|
|Size, Price||50ml, MRP Rs.460/- Buy Online|
|About||An effective homeopathic antiviral medicine that contains highly diluted energy derived from viruses like coxsackie, diphterinum, Herpes zoster, V-grippe etc. Natural immunization formula that is Safe & without side effects.|
|Indications||indicated for any viral type disease such as Viral Fever, Measles, Mononucleosis, Herpes, Flu, Swine Flu, Dengue, Hand Foot and Mouth disease|
|Ingredients||Caryophyllus Aromaticus D3, Coxsackie D30, D60, D200, Diphterinum D30, D60, D200, Epstein Barr D30, D60, D200, Euphrasia D5, Herpes Simplex D30, D60, D200, Herpes Zoster D30, D60, D200, Influencinum D30, D60, D200, Mononucleosis D30, D60, D200, Morbillinum D30, D60, D200, Poliomyelitis D30, D60, D200, V-Grippe D30, D60, D200.|
|Dosage||3 drops 3 times a day for 3 days. Every month for the first two years of life the formula can be administered into the umbilicus and rubbed into the skin with the child’s hand.For use with older children or adults 10 drops 3 times daily to counteract viral diseases or 10 drops once a day as a preventative.|
|Size Rate||30ml Sealed bottle, MRP Rs. 270/- Buy Online|
|About||SBL Ache Nil is a Homeopathic medicine that is indicated to treat viral infections accompanied by fever, headache, body ache, pain in joints, cough, fatigue, cold & rashes|
|Dosage||Adult: 15 drops Children: 10 drops in 1/4 cup of water 2- 4 times a day or as prescribed by the physician.|
|Size, Price||30ml, Sealed bottle, MRP: 80/- Buy Online|
|About||Dr Raj Canova Drops enhance the immune system in conditions where the immune system is debilitated. It does not substitute the regular treatment for any disease rather acts as a complementary treatment which alleviates the acute symptoms experienced by any individual with a weak immune system.|
|Ingredients||Pulsatilla Nigricans, Bryonia Album, Arsenic Album, Veratrum Album, Ricinus Communis, Rhus Toxicodendron, Conium, Thuja Occidentalis, Baryta Carb, Asafoetida, Lycopodium, Lachesis Muta, Apis Mellifica, Calcarea Carbonica, Silicea, Aconitum Napellus, Ipecacuanha.|
|Dosage||Recommended Dose: Adults: 1 ml under the tongue 4 times per day or as prescribed by the physician.
Children: 0.5 ml under the tongue 4 times per day or as prescribed by the physician.
Patients are advised not to eat or drink anything 30 minutes prior to and after use.
|Size, Price||50ml, MRP Rs.693/- Buy Online|
|About||Wheezal WL58 Dengue Drops relieves body heat complaints and related symptoms Like weakness, fatigue etc.|
|Range of action||It helps to treat the patient of dengue fever by relieving symptoms such as fever, body ache, joint pains, headache and helps to prevent life threatening complications like thrombocytopenia.|
|Ingredients||Baptisia Tinctoria 6C, Eupatorium Perfoliatum Q, Gelsemium Sempervirens Q, Ipecacuanha 3X, Rhus Toxi Codendron Q, Rhus Venenata 30C|
|Dosage||Ten to fifteen drops in some water, four to five times daily or as prescribed by the Physician.|
|Size, Price||30ml, MRP Rs.135/- Buy Online|
|About||Lords Dengue Mar Syrup helps you combat with the menace of Dengue by checking the replication of Dengue Virus. Increasing platelet count, white blood cells and neutrophils. Boosting immune system.|
|Indications||Sudden high fever due to dengue, severe headache, joint and muscle pains, vomiting, pain around the eyes.|
|Ingredients & Mode of action||•Tinospora cordifolia (giloy)- strong immune stimulant, increases white blood cells (WBC) And platelet count.
• Rhus toxicodendron-treats skin rashes, fever and pain with intense heat, thirst and restlessness.
• Carica papaya (papaya)-high in complex a vitamin that rapidly increases blood platelet production.
• Eupatorium perfoliatum- treat joint pain, fever headache, soreness of eyeballs, backache with nausea and vomiting.
• Ocimum sanctum (tulsi) – It has analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory effects in acute and chronic fever.
• Gelsemium sempervirens-treats fever, with muscular soreness, prostration and violent headache.
• Azadirachta indica (neem)-increases the immune power against inflammation and infection.
• Belladoona-treats steaming and burning fever, red skin, flushed face, burning eyes.
|Dosage||For adults – 15 – 20 ml Lords Dengue Mar Syrup of twice a day. For children – Half the adult dose or as prescribed by the physician.|
|Size, Price||180ml, MRP Rs.150/- Buy Online|
Get best prices on purchases of Dengue medicines online and door delivery across India. We also offer cash-on-delivery (COD) facilities across 3500 pin codes. We also undertake expedited International shipping.
Online Order Form
You can also conveniently order Dengue or Chikungunya medicines by Phone or Whatsapp (#9686858499)
If you have any question about dengue or chikungunya viral medicines or want advise on a medical condition requiring homeopathic treatment, please leave your comment below (in the comments section) and we will respond