Upper respiratory infections such as the common cold or flu affect our senses of smell and taste. However Post-viral anosmia like that of COVID19 is one of the leading causes of loss of sense of smell in adults, accounting for up to 40% cases of anosmia.
Anosmia is the partial or complete loss of smell or olfactory function. This can be a temporary or permanent condition and affect quality of life. How to regain sense of smell and taste naturally? Know more
Dr Kirti Singh recommends Homeopathy for Anosmia
Dr. Kirthi is a popular You Tube presenter and doctor practicing at SAI Homeopathic Clinic, Nowrozabad, India
In his Youtube video titled “Loss of smell and taste | Homeopathic Medicine | इस होम्योपैथिक मेडिसिन से खुशबू और टेस्ट आने लगेगा” Dr Singh recommends
- Opium 200ch – 2 drop 2 times a day
- Hypericum 30 – 2 drops 3 times a day
- Kali Phos 6X – 6 tab 3 times a day
He says the course should be continued for 7 days
Dr Pranjali recommends Homeopathy for Anosmia
Dr.Pranjali is a Bangalore based homeopath and a popular youtube presenter with close to 2 million followers. She is a esteemed homeomart affiliate
In her Youtube video titled “Taste and smell loss from covid recovery | taste and smell loss treatment” she recommends
- Pulsatilla 30
- Opium 200
- Natrum mur 30
- Hypericum 30
- Ginkgo biloba q
- Kali Phos 6X
Dr Gopi recommends recommends Homeopathy for Anosmia
Dr. K S Gopi is a former Professor, Govt. Homeopathic medical college, Kozhikode, Kerala, India. He has got four decades of teaching and research experiences in the field of Homoeopathy
- Allumen 30- diminished sense of smell , with a runny nose and sore , cracked , red nostrils, scabs with yellow mucus
- Ammonium Mur 30 – loss of smell with cough and stoppage of the nose
- Anacardium 30 – frequent sneezing, sense of smell affected, violent coryza with palpitation, especially in the aged.
- Belladonna 30 – tingling in tip of nose, coryza , mucus mixed with blood, imaginary odors
- Calcarea carb 30 – polyps with loss of smell, swelling at root of nose, takes cold at every change of weather
- Calcarea sulph. 30 – coryza with polyuria, loss of smell with yellowish purulent discharge
- Carbolic acid 30 – sense of smell very acute
- Hepar Sulph 30- loss of smell with offensive nasal discharge smells like old cheese, stopped up every time he goes in to cold air
- Hyoscyamous niger 30 – loss of smell and taste .nostrils sooty, smoky. sudden jerks at root of nose. cramp like pain at root of nose
- Kali bichromicum 30 – loss of sense of smell, with a thick, ropy , green- yellow nasal discharge and violent sneezing
- Kali iodide 30 – loss of smell. sensation as if worms crawling at root of nose
- Lycopodium 200 – sense of smell very acute
- Merc . cor 30 – loss of smell with sore throat
- Pulsatilla 30 – loss of sense of smell . the nose becomes blocked , especially on the right side. yellow mucus, worse in the morning.
- Natrum mur 30 – if pulsatilla fails try this remedy. loss of smell and taste
- Phosphorus 30 – foul imaginary odors. coryza alternately fluent and dry on alternate sides. loss of smell along with polyp
- Plumbum met 30 – loss of smell with epilepsy
- Sepia 30- chronic nasal catarrh. thick greenish discharge. pain at root of nose
- Silicea 10m – nose, dry obstructed with loss of smell. cracks in nostrils . perforation of nasal septum
- Teucrium 30- chronic catarrh with loss of sense of smell . the breath is foul
- Thuja occ. 200- loss of smell along with allergic rhinitis . sinusitis with bad smelling greenish discharge from nose
Dr. Vikas recommends Homeopathy for Anosmia
Dr.Vikas is a M.D In Homeopathy and practices at Mohali (chandigarh) for the last 2 decades. He is a columnist in Triubne, a daily newspaper
- Silicea – for anosmia where the person suffers from chronic nasal catarrh. For using Silicea, the symptoms that may be present along with a loss of smell include a burning sensation in nostrils, dryness in nostrils and the presence of hard crusts in the nostrils.
- Kali Bichromicum – for anosmia that is linked with sinusitis, constant stuffiness in the nose, stringy/sticky nasal discharge and fullness at the root of the nose
- Natrum Mur for anosmia where there are nasal allergies present. The guiding features to use Natrum Mur include loss of smell along with other nasal discharges and dryness in nostrils.
- Lemna Minor for anosmia in cases of nasal polyps. The person requiring this remedy experiences a loss of smell, obstruction in nostrils, and frequent sneezing attacks.
- Pulsatilla Nigricans for anosmia attended with loss of taste. In some cases, the person may experience loss of appetite. Other attending features include greenish nasal discharges and sneezing, especially during sleep.
All the aforementioned homeopathic medicines for Anosmia available online here
This post is useful for following queries
how to regain sense of smell at home
how to improve sense of smell home remedies
tablet for loss of smell and taste
medications that cause loss of smell
loss of smell and taste treatment
what is the cause of loss of taste and smell?
sudden loss of taste and smell treatment
anosmia treatment zinc
homeopathic medicine for bad smell in nose
homeopathy medicine for tasteless tongue
homeopathic medicine for smell
parosmia treatment in homeopathy
phantosmia treatment in homeopathy
olfaction method in homoeopathy
1 thought on “Top Homeopathic Medicines for Loss of Smell, Anosmia”