The aim of cataract treatment is targeted disaggregation (or dissolve) accumulated lens protein that form opaque structures in eye lens to improve vision. The aim of alternative treatment is not only this disaggregation but also halt degeneration of the eye due to ageing and other conditions as a viable therapeutic option
Lens clarity or transparency relies on proper folding of structural proteins called crystallins in lens fiber cells.. As the proteins unravel or open up, like a poorly wrapped ball of yarn, they tend to clump, which scatters light and forms cataract. What keeps these crystallins stable and properly folded and what causes them to become unstable is a matter of research and study
In the normal cataract surgery doctors extract cloudy or opaque lenses and replace them with artificial lenses. Conventional cataract treatment involves a procedure called phacoemulsification, an ultrasonic probe inserted through an incision in cornea to break up the hard, cloudy lens tissue. However despite best efforts by a ophthalmic surgeon not even the best surgery can remove all of these cloudy matter. So when the remaining left over cells start to divide, they begin to shrink wrap the artificial lens and hold it in place. But when they escape from the edges of the lens, cataract symptoms recur leading to secondary cataracts (or osterior capsular opacification)
Cataract prevention measures that you should know
Cataracts are a common age-related eye condition where the lens of the eye becomes cloudy, leading to vision problems. While cataracts are primarily associated with aging and genetics, there are some preventive measures and lifestyle choices you can make to reduce your risk or slow their progression:
- Protect Your Eyes from UV Rays: Prolonged exposure to ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun can increase the risk of cataracts. Wear sunglasses that block both UVA and UVB rays whenever you are outdoors, even on cloudy days. Wear a hat and sunglasses that protect your eyes from the sun’s UV rays.
- Quit Smoking: Smoking is a known risk factor for cataracts. If you smoke, quitting can reduce your risk and improve your overall eye health.
- Healthy Diet: A diet rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals can help maintain eye health. Foods like leafy greens, colorful fruits and vegetables, and foods high in omega-3 fatty acids (e.g., salmon, walnuts) may be beneficial.
- Manage Chronic Diseases: Conditions like diabetes and hypertension can increase the risk of cataracts. Managing these conditions through lifestyle changes and medication, if necessary, can help reduce the risk.
- Limit Alcohol Consumption: Excessive alcohol consumption may contribute to the development of cataracts. If you choose to drink alcohol, do so in moderation.
- Regular Eye Exams: Routine eye exams can help detect cataracts early on and allow for timely intervention if needed. This is especially important as you age.
- Stay Hydrated: Proper hydration is essential for overall eye health. Drinking enough water can help maintain the clarity of the lens in your eyes.
- Protect Your Eyes from Injury: Trauma to the eye can increase the risk of cataracts. When engaging in activities with potential eye hazards (e.g., sports, home improvement projects), wear protective eyewear.
- Monitor Medications: Some medications, such as corticosteroids, can increase the risk of cataracts. If you are on long-term medications, discuss the potential risks with your healthcare provider.
- Maintain a Healthy Weight: Obesity has been associated with a higher risk of cataracts. Maintaining a healthy weight through diet and exercise can help reduce this risk.
It’s important to note that while these measures may help reduce the risk of cataracts, they cannot guarantee complete prevention. Cataracts are a natural part of the aging process for many people, and genetics can play a significant role in their development. If you notice changes in your vision or suspect you have cataracts, consult an eye care professional for a proper evaluation and guidance on treatment options.
Alternative to Cataract Surgery Treatment
Phacoemulsification (or “phaco) is cataract surgery procedure in which high-frequency sound waves are used to break the lens into removable pieces. Here a ultrasonic device with a vibrating tip gently breaks up cataracts and remove them from the eye. The downside is that a ultrasonic device emit high-frequency sounds that are also designed to repel, injure or kill household pests, such as rodents and insects. Another contra indication of high-frequency sounds is that it can still cause direct damage to human ears.
Another new form of non invasive cataract treatment is Aspirin nano-rods developed by scientists at the Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST), Mohali. These use nano-rods from Aspirin, also known as acetylsalicylic acid, is a medication used to reduce pain, fever, or inflammation, to prevent the aggregation of crystalline protein and other matter. It is touted as potential aggregation inhibitor that will enhance bio-availability, improve drug loading and lower toxicity.
Homeopathy is a new form of Science that relies on plant, mineral and animal sources to offer remedies that match the symptoms of ailment (known as the Simila Principle). A homeopathic doctor builds up the unique profile of a patient through a process called repertorization and offers suitable remedies that have ‘inside-out’ effect on treating diseases
Can alternative cataract treatment without surgery be an effective answer?
Dr.Pranjali, a leading homeopathic doctor and top YouTube presenter with over 2 Million + followers says that with certain homeopathic remedies can help you reverse progression of cataracts. She however cautions that for the treatment to be most effective, it should be started early.
New clinical research in homeopathy offers hope with Rhodallin, a scar removing organic compound from mustard seed, a biomineral salt, and opacity clearing eye drops that can improve vision by dissolving the clumped proteins that form cataracts. This compound is available in a medicine called Thiosinaminum, a wonder drug for dissolving scar tissues. It is a chemical derived from mustard seed oil (also known as sarson ka tel in Hindi, available in ClearC Kit)
Also as per CCRH, a research body by Govt of India, have identified Cineraria Maritima (also known as dusty miller or silver ragwort) as a herbal compound containing ophthalmic alkaloids that addresses reverses cataracts and is soluble enough to be used as eye drops. Materia Medica also lists its pharmacological action in treating corneal opacities. Dr.William Boericke, M.D., an Austrian-born American physician and ardent, influential exponent of homeopathy notes in his Materia Medica with repertory that Cineraria tincture may reverse existing cataracts. Cineraria helps, increase circulation in the eye tissues, helping circulation and normal metabolism. Better result arrive when treatment is begun in the early stage of cataract
Biochemic remedies or Schuessler’s tissue salts are potentised form of the 12 essential minerals that our body needs to repair and maintain proper molecular balance. These minerals work at the cellular level and are essential to the body’s functions. One such salt is Calcarea Fluorica, a biochemic a tissue salt that is a reinforcing and remineralizing remedy, it affects all tissues and is especially useful for developing new body tissues. Since cornea is a non-keratinized stratified squamous tissue that has ability for quick repair, the cornea usually heals after most injury or disease. This salt offers hope for cataract patients as a natural supplement for corneal health
A combination of these above remedies offers a new alternative treatment for cataract without surgery. Now available in the form of a doctor recommended homeopathy Kit – ClearC. Dr.Pranjali says that this treatment is most useful at the onset of cataract related symptoms. She cautions that in advanced stages, the medicines will have limited efficacy. Clear-C treatment will not only halt further degeneration of cataract but also resolve all the preliminary symptoms or problems that arise out of cataract related condition
Buy ClearC Cataract Treatment Medicine Kit Online