Bakson Gripe Aid Drops is effective in infants with colic, gastrointestinal discomfort, teething pain, reflux and other stomach ailments. Baksons gripe aid guards the baby against common stomach problems, eases digestion and soothes the baby. Natural & safe gripe water for your baby
What causes Colic in Infants & Babies?
Almost all children experience pain in the abdomen at one time or another. Most of the time, it is not caused by a serious medical problem.
Baby colic (also known as Infantile colic) is defined as episodes of crying for more than three hours a day, for more than three days a week, for three weeks in an otherwise healthy child between the ages of two weeks and four months.
Despite many scientific studies, no single common cause for colic has been found. The fussiness of colic has many different causes & that’s why there is no one way to help it. In infants, prolonged unexplained crying (often called “colic”) may be caused by abdominal pain. It may end with the passage of gas or stool. Colic is often worse in the evening. Cuddling and rocking the child may bring some relief.
Less serious causes of abdominal pain include:
- Constipation in Irritable bowel syndrome
- Food allergies or intolerance, perhaps due to intolerance of cow’s milk protein or lactose
- Heartburn or acid reflux, Stomach flu or Food poisoning (Salmonella, Shigella)
- An immature digestive system in which the intestinal muscles are often in spasm
- Air (gas) in the intestinal tract
- Increased hormone levels that cause stomach aches or a fussy mood
- Hypersensitivity to a stimulation in the environment (sound, light, etc.)
- An intense temperament in the newborn period
- An immature nervous system
Ways of describing the pain include:
- Generalized pain may be present in more than half of the belly. This is more typical for a stomach virus, indigestion or gas.
- Pain may be localized or found in only one area of the belly. This type of pain is more likely to be a sign of a problem in one organ, such as the Appendix, Gallbladder or Stomach (ulcers).
- Cramp-like pain is usually not serious and is more likely to be due to gas and bloating. It is often followed by diarrhea. More worrisome signs include pain that occurs more often, lasts longer (more than 24 hours) or has a Fever with it.
- Colicky pain is pain that comes in waves, usually starts and ends suddenly and is often severe.
Infants and toddlers cannot describe their pain. Signs of belly pain may be:
- An increase in fussiness
- Drawing their legs up towards the belly
- Poor eating. Some infants with colic may eat well and gain weight normally.
Gripe Cure: Duration and treatment
Infantile colic typically begins at about 2 to 3 weeks of age, reaches its peak at 2 months, begins to subside by 3 months. Over-the-counter anti-reflux medicines or anti-gas bubble medicine or dietary supplement ‘Gripe Water’ are the usual course of action in contemporary medicine. Reflux drugs have numerous documented side effects including weakened bones, vitamin deficiency, reduced immune function, increased risk of stomach infections to name a few. Many Gripe Water brands contain Sodium bicarbonate, an alkali which inhibits natural stomach acidity and interferes with the absorption of nutrients such as Folic acid and Iron. Babies are born with immature digestive and nervous systems. It can take several months for their digestive tracts to learn to function properly and for newborns to develop self-soothing abilities. Homeopathic medicines have the unique ability to support and accelerate the natural healing processes of the body. Unlike other formulas that can wreak havoc on delicate pH and electrolyte balances and lead to side effects and further complications, Bakson’s Gripe Aid respects and strengthens the proper internal harmony of the body.
Tips on preventing Colic/Gripe in children
To prevent many types of abdominal pain in older children:
- Avoid fatty or greasy foods.
- Drink plenty of water each day.
- Eat small meals more often.
- Exercise regularly.
- Limit foods that produce gas.
- Make sure that meals are well-balanced and high in fiber. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables
What is Gripe Water: Gripe water is usually a over-the-counter liquid supplement that provides soothing colic to babies, some also for hiccups and flatulence, teething pain, ,among other ailments. It is usually mixture of sodium bicarbonate and herbs such as ginger, fennel, chamomile, cinnamon, cardamom, licorice, clove, dill, lemon balm or peppermint. It is safe as it does not contain alcohol or sucrose. The credit for inventing gripe water goes to Woodward who got inspired from the treatments for malaria and “fen fever”. He studied that the formula used to treat fen fever was also an effective “soother of fretful babies and provided relief from gastrointestinal troubles in infants. Gripe water is recommended by some pediatricians and alternative practitioners as a natural option
Bakson Gripe Aid Drops contains Chamomilla vul.3x and Magnesium phos.3x. Chamomilla is useful to calm the pain and irritability that accompanies illness. Commonly used for infant teething and colic and associated irritability. Excellent gripe drops for infants, safe and no side effects
Indications: Bakson Gripe Aid Drops is indicated for flatulence, colic, indigestion, reflux, teething pain & other stomach problems associated with worm infestations.
Ingredients Bakson Gripe Aid Drops Contains: Chamomilla vul. 3x, Magnesium phos. 3x
Action of individual ingredients in Bakson Gripe Aid Drops to treat infant colic
- Chamomilla vul.: Especially of frequent employment in diseases of children, where peevishness, restlessness and colic give the needful indications. Griping in region of navel and pain in small of back. Flatulent colic, after anger, with red cheeks and hot perspiration.
- Magnesium phos.: The great anti-spasmodic remedy. Cramping of muscles with radiating pains. Neuralgic pains relieved by warmth. Complaints of teething children. Flatulent colic, forcing patient to bend double; relieved by rubbing, warmth, pressure; accompanied with belching of gas, which gives no relief.
Dosage -Infants – 5 drops of Bakson Gripe Aid Drops, 3-4 times a day. Children- 10 drops, 3-4 times a day.
Storage: Replace cap immediately after use. Protect from heat, moisture and direct sunlight.
Shake Well Before Use.
Rate- Rs.70 (10% OFF!!) Buy Online
Other top homeopathy Gripe water list for Infants/babies
|Hahnemann Baby Grow Tonic is a good supplement for addressing Griping problem, poor Appetite, Digestion, Diarrhoea, Worm infestation, Pyrexia, Nausea in children. It is a good immuno Booster||Each 5ml of Baby grow tonic containts
Calcarea Phos. 6x 0.10ml
Ferrum Phos. 3x 0.0 25gm
Kali phos. 4x 0.025gm
Cup Oxit. Nig 3x 0.05gm
Chamomilla 5x 0.25ml
Cina 3x 0.25ml
iodium 3x 0.25ml
Cypripedium 3x 0.025ml
Chelone 3x 0.10ml
Cateria Nepeta 2x 0.025ml
|Wheezal Baby Bliss Gripe Mixture with Pepsin, Lecithin corrects all digestive problems during primary dentition.Relieves colic and flatulence.||Keeps restlessness and whining of babies at bay, Builds up the appetite. Contains: Podophyllum Q Chamomilla Q Ocimum Sanc Q, Mentha Pip, 3x Calc Fluor. 3x, Lecithin 3x, Pepsin 3x|
|Allen Gripe Mixture Syrup is an effective remedy for infants with colic, gastrointestinal discomfort, teething pain and other stomach ailments||Each 5 Ml Contains Chamomilla 3X,0.05 Ml.Magnesium Phosphoricum 3X,0.10 Mg.Calcarea Phosphorica 3X,0.10 Mg.Natrum Sulphuricum 3X,0.05 Mg, Ferrum Phosphoricum 3X,0.10 Mg.Cina Q,0.05 Ml.Sabadilla Q,0.05 Ml|
|SBL Zerogrype Drops is indicated for Gas indigestion and colic in children, a clinically proven product||Contains: Chamomilla vulgaris, magnesia phosphoricum.|
|N.P.Dutta Homeo Gripe Mixture (Gripe Water) is a Infant/Baby remedy for acidity, debility in the digestive track, exhaustion, constipation, stomach cramps and in flatulence. Gastro intestinal catarrh.||Each 5ML Homeo Gripe Mixture contains
• Natrum Carbonicum 1X,
• Magnesia Muriatica 1X,
• Zingiber Officinalis,
• Aethusa Cynapium ,
• Abrotanum, Carum Carvi