Rhus Toxicodendron therapeutic range of actions as per Boerick Materia Medica
The effects on the skin, rheumatic pains, mucous membrane affections, and a typhoid type of fever, make this remedy frequently indicated. Rhus affects fibrous tissue markedly-joints, tendons, sheaths-aponeurosis, etc, producing pains and stiffness. Post-operative complications. Tearing asunder pains. Motion always “limbers up” the Rhus patient, and hence he feels better for a time from a change of position. Ailments from strains, overlifting, getting wet while perspiring. Septic conditions. Cellulitis and infections, carbuncles in early stages (Echinac). Rheumatism in the cold season. Septicaemia.
Dose-Sixth to thirtieth potency. The 200th and higher are antidotal to poisoning with the plant and tincture.
Leading characteristics of Rhus Toxicodendron
- Fever: Typhoid, Dengue fever, Erysipelas, Influenza, Pleurisy, Measles, Pneumonia, Septicaemia, Scarlet fever, rheumatic fever, Typhus fever with restlessness, soreness, stiffness, lameness; must change position to obtain relief from soreness or pain; fever blisters around mouth; tongue dry, sore, red at the tip, takes imprint of teeth; low muttering delirium, great apprehension at night; fears he will die of being poisoned; thirst for water; dry teasing cough, worse from exposure to cold and wet weather; lying quietly; better from warmth, wrapping up warmly; cough during chill.
- Ailments from spraining, straining, over-stretching, over-lifting; lying on damp ground; too much summer bathing in lake or river.
- Paralysis with numbness of the affected parts; from damp and cold; after exertion; after delivery; sexual excesses; typhoid; paresis (paralysis) of limbs; ptosis (drooping, particularly of eyelids) with loss of sensation; right-sided hemiplegia (paralysis); infantile paralysis.
- Prolapse of uterus from over-reaching or straining.
- Tonsillitis after riding in cold wind (Acon.,Hep.).
- Urticaria after bathing; with fever; with intolerable itching, worse from cold air; with rheumatic complaints.
- Cerebro-spinal meningitis with anxiety and restlessness.
- Diarrhoea in typhoid fever; worse during night; better during day.
- Hoarseness on first beginning to sing, which wears off after singing for a while.
- Hypertrophy of heart from violent exercise; gets out of breath on exertion.
- Eczema capitis (on scalp) of infants; dry, itchy eruptions; worse in winter, cold wet weather, with intolerable itching in bed during night.
- Herpes zoster with Rhus-tox. characteristic symptoms.
- Sprains of ankle with oedema.
- Diphtheria with Rhus-tox. symptoms.
- It is an excellent remedy for the following types of patients:
(a) who are susceptible to cold, wet environments, wearing wet shirts, socks, lying on damp ground or wet sheets; suffer from stiffness, pains or paralytic symptoms;
(b) persons of rheumatic diathesis; muscular rheumatism, fibrositis (inflammatory increase of white tissue fibres), iritis, stiffness of jaws, crackling in the articulation of jaw when moving it; rheumatic heart with sticking pains with lameness and numbness of left arm; stiffness of neck with painful tension; aching in small of back while sitting, relieved by continuous motion; dull aching pain in right sciatic nerve; stiffness of knees; rheumatic inflammation of joints from exposure to cold and damp weather, ameliora-tion from heat, rubbing, continuous motion; with great restlessness, soreness and stiffness.
Please note that the dosage of single homoeopathic medicines varies from drug to drug depending upon the condition, age, sensitivity and other things. In some cases they are given as regular doses as 3-5 drops 2-3 times a day whereas in other cases they are given only once in a week, month or even in a longer period.
Rhus Toxicodendron is diluted in various potencies namely 6C, 30C, 200C, 1M, 10M
About Dr.Reckeweg Dilutions
Dr.Reckeweg Dilutions confirm with German pharmacopoeia specifications. They undergo quality testing for Organoleptic, chemical, physic-chemical, microbiological properties. The standards confirm to German (PharmBetrO) and international (GMP, PIC) guidelines and therefore has highest therapeutic value. The medicines undergo hand potentizing, which is deliberately performed manually, i.e. without using any technological equipment.
There are no reviews yet.