Bryonia Alba therapeutic range of actions as per Boerick Materia Medica
Acts on all serous membranes and the viscera they contain. Aching in every muscle. The general character of the pain here produced is a stitching, tearing; worse by motion, better rest. These characteristic stitching pains, greatly aggravated by any motion, are found everywhere, but especially in the chest; worse pressure. Mucous membranes are all dry. The Bryonia patient is irritable; has vertigo from raising the head, pressive headache; dry, parched lips, mouth; excessive thirst, bitter taste, sensitive epigastrium, and feeling of a stone in the stomach; stools large, dry, hard; dry cough; rheumatic pains and swellings; dropsical effusions into synovial and serous membranes.
Bryonia affects especially the constitution of a robust, firm fiber and dark complexion, with tendency to leanness and irritability. It prefers the right side, the evening, and open air, warm weather after cold days, to manifest its action most markedly.
Children dislike to be carried or raised. Physical weakness, all-pervading apathy. Complaints apt to develop slowly.
Leading characteristics of Bryonia Alba
- Ailments from: Chagrin, anger, mortification, fright, chilling when overheated; exposure to cold; when warm weather sets in after cold days; cold drinks or ice in hot weather; suppressed discharges; menses; rash of acute exanthema (eruption), after eating beans, peas, cabbage, bread, flatulent food, fruits.
- Complaints are worse from slightest motion, exertion, jar, swallowing, coughing, sneezing, ascending, motion of ship, lying on painless side, rising from lying, stooping, motion of eyes.
- Complaints are better from lying on painful side, when quiet, during rest, pressure, dark room, cool open air, cold water, cold food.
- Ailments are attended with dryness of mucous mem-branes with thirst for large quantities of water; constant motion of left arm and left leg; pressure as from stone at pit of stomach, relieved (through another outlet) by eructation; delirium, talks constantly about his business; desires to get out of bed and go home; vicarious menstruation: nose-bleed when menses should appear; vertigo on stooping; throbbing in head; tongue coated thick, whitish-yellow; nausea and vomiting; urine dark and scanty; high fever with profuse sweat which ameliorates.
- Acute meningitis from suppressed rash of exanthematous (eruptive) fevers with constant chewing motion of mouth; face congested, puffy; temperature high, copious sweats; dry lips, thirst for large quantities of water; quiet; uncovers the body.
- Delirium in acute infectious fevers, talks constantly about his business; desires to get out of bed and go home; constant motion of left arm and leg.
- Headache : In morning after rising or on first opening eyes; commencing in the morning, gradually increasing until evening; from ironing, with constipation, on coughing, when stooping as if brain would burst through forehead.
- Pains : Stitching, tearing; worse by motion, inspiration, coughing, at night; better from absolute rest and lying on painful side.
- Acute Pleurisy: When the fever has somewhat abated; pains are stitching or tearing, worse from coughing, movement, sneezing, even breathing is painful. It comes in after Aconite. Friction-rub ptesent.
- Acute inflammation of mammae (breasts) —hot and painful, heavy, stonishly hard; must suppoit the breasts; pain worse from slightest motion.
- Cough : Dry, spasmodic; with gagging and vomiting; with stitches inside of chest; with headache, worse after eating, drinking, entering a warm room, a deep inspiration.
- Constipation : No inclination from inactive rectum; stools large, hard, dark, dry, as if burnt; on going to sea.
- Diarrhoea : During a spell of hot weather; bilious, acrid with soreness of anus; like dirty water; of undigested food; from cold drinks when overheated; from fruits, worse in morning or moving even a hand or foot.
- Diabetes: Dryness of lips and mouth, thirst for large quantities of water, persistent bitter taste in mouth; from warmth and exertion; beans, peas, cabbage, bread, fruits and flatulent (gas forming) food disagree.
- Acute Hepatitis (Inflammation of liver): Liver is con-gested, inflamed and enlarged; stitching pains in the right hypochondrium (sides of upper abdomen), worse from motion or changing position; better from lying on the right or painful side; jaundice brought on by a fit of anger.
- Acute Pericarditis (Inflammation of membrane covering heart): Of rheumatic origin, stitching pains worse from movement; better from lying on painful side; friction-rub is present.
- Pneumonia : It comes after Acon. and Ferr-p. The patient is not restless; cough is moist, sharp stitching pleuritic pains, worse from coughing and any movement; tongue dry and coated, thirst excessive; with delirium or constipation.
- Acute Rheumatism : Joints red, hot and swollen; painful on slightest motion; touch and pressure aggravate; pains stitching or tearing in character, copious exudation in joints, with perspiration which relieves suffering.
- Typhoid fever : Develops sluggishly; with headache, dry mouth, tongue coated, thirst for large quantities of water; lies quietly, with delirium, constipation, soreness of body; likes cool open air; worse in warm and closed room.
- Tuberculosis: Dry teasing cough as if the head and chest would burst; sharp stitching pains in the sides; inability to take a deep breath on account of aggravation of pains. 21. Especially adapted to the following types of patients:
(a) children who dislike to be carried or to be raised; fretful;
(b) children who desire things immediately which are not to be had, or which when offered are refused; peevish;
(c) patients who are irritable, inclined to be vehement and angry; nervous;
(d) who have black hair, dark complexion, firm muscular fibres; dry, slender people;
(e) who are worse from slightest motion and better from rest; although restless, wants to keep quiet and still; (f) who are anxious, angered easily and are obstinate;
(g) who are warm-blooded: worse from warmth, summer; better from cool open air, cold water, cold food;
(h) who are plethoric and venous (full-blooded) in their make-up; face is puffed and purplish;
(i) who are of a sluggish nature; complaints develop slowly;
(j) who are fearful: fear of death, fear of poverty.
Please note that the dosage of single homoeopathic medicines varies from drug to drug depending upon the condition, age, sensitivity and other things. In some cases they are given as regular doses as 3-5 drops 2-3 times a day whereas in other cases they are given only once in a week, month or even in a longer period.
Bryonia Alba is diluted in various potencies namely 6C, 30C, 200C, 1M, 10M
About Dr.Reckeweg Dilution
Dr.Reckeweg Dilution confirm with German pharmacopoeia specifications. They undergo quality testing for Organoleptic, chemical, physic-chemical, microbiological properties. The standards confirm to German (PharmBetrO) and international (GMP, PIC) guidelines and therefore has highest therapeutic value. The medicines undergo hand potentizing, which is deliberately performed manually, i.e. without using any technological equipment.