Belladonna therapeutic range of actions as per Boericke Materia Medica
Belladonna acts upon every part of the nervous system, producing active congestion, furious excitement, perverted special senses, twitching, convulsions and pain.
It has a marked action on the vascular system, skin and glands. Belladonna always is associated with hot, red skin, flushed face, glaring eyes, throbbing carotids, excited mental state, hyperaesthesia of all senses, delirium, restless sleep, convulsive movements, dryness of mouth and throat with aversion to water, neuralgic pains that come and go suddenly (Oxytropis). Heat, redness, throbbing and burning.
Great children’s remedy. Epileptic spasms followed by nausea and vomiting. Scarlet fever and also prophylactic. Here use the thirtieth potency. Exophthalmic goitre. Corresponds to the symptoms of “air-sickness” in aviators. Give as preventive. No thirst, anxiety or fear. Belladonna stands for violence of attack and suddenness of onset. Bell for the extreme of thyroid toxaemia.
Dose: First to thirtieth potency and higher. Must be repeated frequently in acute diseases.
Leading characteristics of Belladonna
- Ailments with rush of blood to head and face.
- Violent Delirium: Disposition to bite, spit, strike and tear things; breaks into fits of laughter and gnashes the teeth; wants to bite and strike the attendants; tries to escape.
- Hallucinations: Sees ghosts, hideous faces and various insects; black animals, dogs, wolves; fears imaginary things, wants to run away from them. Delusions horrible. Convulsions come on suddenly; with high fever; during teething; with hot head and cold feet.
- Pains: Come suddenly, last indefinitely and cease suddenly; renal colic.
- Headache: Congestive, with red face, throbbing of brain and carotids (neck arteries), worse from slight noise, jar, motion, light, lying down, least exertion; better from pressure, tight bandaging (Arg. Nit.), wrapping up, during menses.
- Vertigo: When stooping; when rising after stooping; on every change of position (Bry.).
- Tonsillitis after riding in a cold wind.
- Appendicitis: Pain in right ileo-caecal (right lower half of abdomen) region; aggravated by slightest touch, even of the bed-cover.
- Scarlet Fever: Rash of a uniform, smooth, shining, scarlet redness.
- Prolapse of Uterus: Sensation as if the contents of abdomen would issue through the vulva; better from standing and sitting erect; worse from lying down.
- Especially adapted to the persons:
(a) who are lively and entertaining when well, but violent and often delirious when sick;
(b) who are plethoric, vigorous and intellectual;(c) chilly persons: great proneness to take cold; sensitive to draught of air, especially when uncovering the head;
(d) who have reactive excitability; reaction to medicine is so quick and so sudden that they at once feel relieved;
(e) who are hypersensitive to touch, motion, jar, light and noise, extremes of heat and cold; they are worse from lying down, at night, after midnight, after 3 p.m., looking at bright, shining objects, uncovering the head;
Please note that the dosage of single homoeopathic medicines varies from drug to drug depending upon the condition, age, sensitivity and other things. In some cases they are given as regular doses as 3-5 drops 2-3 times a day whereas in other cases they are given only once in a week, month or even in a longer period.
Bellodona is diluted in various potencies namely 6C, 30C, 200C, 1M, 10M
About Dr.Reckeweg Dilutions (Mother Tinctures)
Dr.Reckeweg Dilutions (Mother Tinctures) confirm with German pharmacopoeia specifications. They undergo quality testing for Organoleptic, chemical, physic-chemical, microbiological properties. The standards confirm to German (PharmBetrO) and international (GMP, PIC) guidelines and therefore has highest therapeutic value. The medicines undergo hand potentizing, which is deliberately performed manually, i.e. without using any technological equipment.