If you have abscess in your tooth or gum, you may have throbbing pain that may appear suddenly & get worse, pain spreads to your ear, jaw and neck on the same side as the affected tooth or gum. Plantago in #homeopathy for #toothpain
Dr. Vikas Sharma recommends Homeopathy Medicine Plantago Major for:
Dr.Vikas is a M.D In Homeopathy and practices at Mohali (chandigarh) for the last 2 decades. He is a columnist in Triubne, a daily newspaper
1. Natural Remedy for Oral Lichen Planus: Plantago is a natural homeopathic medicine prepared from a plant Plantago major commonly known by the name of Ribwort. This plant belongs to the natural order Plantaginaceae. Plantago works well in cases where there are sores in the mouth and bleeding from the gums attended with a putrid smell from the mouth. The tongue is also coated white.
2. Toothache: The homeopathic medicine Plantago Major 30c helps soothe a toothache. Pain in teeth that shoots to the face or ear is can be treated with this medicine. It can be taken in 30C potency at three-hour intervals until relief begins. Mother tincture of this homeopathic medicine can also be applied externally in case of a hollow tooth from decay/dental caries.
Homeopathy Medicine Plantago Major As per Materia Medica by William Boericke
Common Name: Plantain
Has considerable clinical reputation in the treatment of earache, toothache, and enuresis. Sharp pain in eyes, reflex from decayed teeth or inflammation of middle ear. Eyeball very tender to touch. Pain plays between teeth and ears. Pyorrhea alveolaris. Depression and insomnia of chronic Nicotinism. Causes an aversion to tobacco.
Head.-Periodical prosopalgia, worse 7 am to 2 pm, accompanied with flow of tears, photophobia; pains radiate to temples and lower face.
Ears.-Hearing acute; noise painful. Sticking pain in ears. Neuralgic earache; pain goes from one ear to the other through the head. Otalgia, with toothache. Loud noises go through one.
Nose.-Sudden, yellowish, watery discharge.
Mouth.-Teeth ache and are sensitive and sore to touch. Swelling of cheeks. Salivation; teeth feel too long; worse, cold air and contact. Toothache, better while eating. Profuse of saliva. Toothache, with reflex neuralgia of eyelids.
Stool.-Wants to defecate; goes often, but cannot bad, can hardly stand. Diarrhoea, with brown watery
Urine.-Profuse flow; nocturnal enuresis (Rhus arom; Caust; Bellad).
Skin.-Itching and burning; papulae. Urticaria, chilblains (Agar; Tamus).
Relationship.-Compare: Kalm; Cham; Puls.
Dr. K S Gopi recommends Homeopathy Medicine Plantago Major for:
Dr. K S Gopi is a former Professor, Govt. Homeopathic medical college, Kozhikode, Kerala, India. He has got four decades of teaching and research experiences in the field of Homoeopathy
1. Toothache: Plantago is an excellent remedy for toothache. Plantago is of help in all those cases where the teeth ache and are sensitive. Teeth show caries and most persons requiring Plantago have increased salivation in their mouth with toothache. Plantago also gives good results when there is a swelling of cheeks along with toothache. Hollow cavities appear in the affected teeth. The pain radiating from teeth to ears is best controlled with Plantago. At times the nerve pain in teeth can spread to eyes. In such reflex pain in eyes from teeth, Plantago plays a wonderful role in controlling pain.
Insert a cotton swab drenched with Plantago Q in to the tooth cavity.
2. Neuralgia: Plantago major is specific in treating neuralgias arising due to caries of teeth.
3. Oral lichen planus: Plantago is another best remedy for Oral lichen planus, where ulcers are seen in the mouth, especially inside cheeks and gums. Swelling of cheeks. Profuse flow of saliva. Saliva flows with pain. Bleeding from the gums. Tongue coated white, with dirty, putrid, clammy taste. Putrid breath
4. Addiction: Plantago major produces an aversion to tobacco. It removes the depression, and sleeplessness, constipation or diarrhea, and nocturnal enuresis seen chronic tobacco smokers.
Dosage: Tincture, and lower potencies. Local use in toothache in hollow teeth, otorrhoea, pruritus, and Poison-oak. Incised wounds.