Scabies self-care treatment: What to do to control symptoms and get faster relief
Scabies is a contagious skin infestation caused by the Sarcoptes scabiei mite. While it’s important to consult a healthcare professional for a proper diagnosis and treatment plan, there are some self-care measures you can take to alleviate symptoms and prevent the spread of scabies. Here are some steps you can follow:
1. Maintain good hygiene: Take regular showers or baths to keep your skin clean. Use lukewarm water and mild soap. Gently pat your skin dry with a clean towel afterward.
2. Trim your nails: Short, clean nails can help prevent scratching, which can lead to skin infections. Consider wearing gloves or socks on your hands during sleep to minimize scratching while you’re unaware.
3. Avoid close physical contact: Scabies can spread through skin-to-skin contact. Minimize contact with others until the infestation is treated.
4. Wash infested clothing and bedding: Machine wash all clothing, bedding, and towels that have come in contact with your skin within the past few days. Use hot water and dry them on the hottest setting to kill any mites or eggs.
5. Vacuum your living space: Vacuum your home thoroughly, paying attention to carpets, rugs, upholstered furniture, and mattresses. This can help remove mites that may have fallen off your skin.
6. Seal infested items: If you have items that can’t be washed, such as stuffed animals or non-washable fabrics, seal them in plastic bags for at least a week. Scabies mites cannot survive for more than a few days without human contact.
7. Treat all close contacts: Scabies can easily spread among family members or close contacts. If someone you live with or have had close contact with also has symptoms, encourage them to seek treatment.
Remember, self-care measures are not a substitute for medical treatment. It’s crucial to consult a healthcare professional for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment, which may include prescription medications such as topical creams or oral medications to kill the mites and their eggs.
Scabies (also called the 7 year itch) is a comon skin infection by a mite and very contagious. Homeopathy treats the symptoms of severe itching and helps build immunity against reappaearance. Scabies relief with alternative treatment, know the remedies below
scabies treatment cream
how to cure scabies fast
scabies treatment tablet
scabies treatment lotion
scabies treatment for humans
scabies treatment over the counter