Why are women more prone to UTI or urinary infections?
As per Dr.KS Gopi, a former Professor, Govt. Homeopathic medical college, Kozhikode, Kerala with four decades of teaching and research experiences in the field of Homoeopathy; Women are at greater risk of developing a UTI than men because of their anatomy — specifically, the short distance from the urethra to the anus and the urethral opening to the bladder. The risk factors are
Female anatomy is more vulnerable. A woman has a shorter urethra than a man does, which reduces the distance that bacteria must travel to reach the bladder.
Sexual activity. Sexually active women tend to have more UTIs than do women who aren’t sexually active. Having a new or multiple sexual partner also increases your risk.
Contraceptive risk. Certain types of birth control. Women who use diaphragms for birth control may be at higher risk, as well as women who use spermicidal agents.
Biological vulnerability in pregnancy & Menopause. Women are at high risk from Escherichia coli during pregnancy. Also after menopause, a decline in circulating estrogen causes changes in the urinary tract that make you more vulnerable to infection.
Symptoms of UTI in Women and natural herbal/mineral homeopathic remedies
1. Woman experiences a burning pain while passing urine. The patients get a feeling that they have to pass urine very often, but can pass very less urine at a time. This is accompanied by a intense pain in the lower abdomen which extends upwards till the belly button. Cantharis is the ideal remedy
2. Lady will complain of burning or stinging pain while passing urine, especially where the last drops of urine. Along with intense burning, Urine is opaque and bloody with burning/scalding/stinging pain. Apis Melifica is the indicated remedy
3. The urine is very hot and passes drop by drop and with great pain. she experiences a lot of sweating immediately after passing urine. Woman suffers UTIs in advanced stages of pregnancy. Merc Corr30 is the indicated remedy
4. Woman faces frequent but scanty urine with burning at the orifice of urethra. The patient may have an unusual desire to pass urine , but urine is passed drop by drop , dribbling of urine even after passing of urine. She might suffer from Sexual transmitted diseases due to one or multiple partners. Clematis erecta 30 is the remedy
5. Woman suffers distension and tenderness in bladder. Her Urine is scanty, slimy and may contain sandy particles. The urine may be with pus and blood and pain in urethra extending to the abdomen. Sarsaparilla is the remedy
6. Urinary tract infections are very common during pregnancy. Escherichia coli is the most common pathogen isolated from pregnant women. Women are more susceptible to urinary tract infection by E. Coli because of the close proximity of the urethra and the anus. Coli Bacillinum 30 is a near specific medicine for treating e-coli infection
Does UTI cause discharge in women?
Women may suffer vaginal discharge from candida fungus like yeast infection. But UTI is a bacterial infection that will cause urinary incontinence and associated problems which is more common in your lower urinary tract, which includes bladder and urethra. Yeast infections cause thick, milky discharge with itching, pain which if untreated may lead to UTI.
Buy Herbal & Mineral antibiotic Urinary Infection or UTI Treatment remedies for women here